Hello, Romance on the Rockers!! Happy St. Patrick’s Day! In honor of this very green occasion, today, I’d like to present you with Ten Ways Writers and St. Patrick are alike.
10. Just as St. Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland, writers drive extraneous “justs” and “thens” and “verys” out of their manuscripts.
9. St. Patrick’s Day is a day for drinking beer. Drinking is also a tradition among writers.
8. St. Patrick is the patron saint of engineers. Writers often have to engineer plot lines. (And some of us are recovering engineers.)
7. St. Patrick allegedly wrote a book. And we allegedly write books!
6. It’s customary to wear green on St. Patrick’s Day. During deadline time, sometimes it takes so long for writers to get to their laundry that… you know what? Never mind. Let’s move on to #5.
5. St. Patrick is celebrated around the world with parades. Writers feel as though they’ve been lauded in a parade when good reviews come in.
4. Some academics have suggested everything attributed to St. Patrick was actually done by both Patrick and another man. Writers are sometimes known as two different people, thanks to pen names. (Though sometimes it would be easier to have two people doing the work of one writer.)
3. St. Patrick was held captive for six years by Irish pirates. We writers are often held captive by our ideas.
2. St. Patrick was Irish, and the Irish are known for their brilliant toasts. We writers are (sometimes) known for our brilliance with words too.
1. Corn beef and cabbage are a big tradition on St. Patrick’s Day. Thanks to the tradition of being starving artists, we writers are often familiar with living on cabbage too. 🙂
Hope y’all have a fantastic (safe) St. Patrick’s Day today!
~ ~ ~
Jamie Farrell writes fun contemporary romances with quirky characters and lots of heart. She believes love, laughter, and bacon are the most powerful forces in the universe. A native Midwesterner, Jamie has lived in the South the majority of her adult life. When she’s not writing, she and her military hero husband are busy raising three hilariously unpredictable children.
Sign up for Jamie’s newsletter HERE for exclusive bonus content and to stay up-to-date about new releases and sales!