MK nailed it a week ago – writing romance novels is one wild, wild ride. And this time of year, I love to look back and see what I’ve done, and what I haven’t accomplished yet since this time last year. And so today, I present…
Jamie Farrell’s Top 10 Writer-Girl Moments of 2015
10. Joining Romance on the Rocks!
8. Five book launches and one re-launch. (Two were books that launched twice – once in anthologies, and then again independently three months later, but having six launches goes a long way to explaining why I feel a little tired.)
7. This is the first year I will have turned a profit in 13 years of writing.
6. Going to the Washington Romance Writers’ Annual Retreat!!! There is nothing like writer friends. 🙂
5. Munchkin, my seven-year-old, telling me that he was going to write books too. (I might have sniffled a little.)
4. My first sighting in the wild – A stranger asked me for my autograph! (At my grandmother’s funeral. Does that count as two romance writer achievements unlocked?)
3. Having a coffee date with Bella Andre at RWA Nationals. So. Totally. Amazing. 🙂
2. Reviewers compares my books to those of both Jill Shalvis and Jennifer Crusie, two of my idols!!
1. I get to do an amazing job that I love every day.
How about you? What’s tops on your list of favorite things about 2015?
~ ~ ~
About Jamie Farrell:
Jamie Farrell writes fun contemporary romances with quirky characters and lots of heart. She believes love, laughter, and bacon are the most powerful forces in the universe. Her debut novel, Southern Fried Blues, was a finalist for the 2013 National Readers’ Choice Awards and the 2014 National Excellence in Romance Fiction Awards.
A native Midwesterner, Jamie has lived in the South the majority of her adult life. When she’s not writing, she and her military hero husband are busy raising three hilariously unpredictable children.
Sign up for Jamie’s newsletter HERE for exclusive bonus content and to stay up-to-date about new releases and sales!